Steamboat offers non-stop flights from eight major cities on American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines, plus convenient connecting service from over 230 cities nationwide and worldwide.
- Yampa Valley Airport (HDN) (25 miles to Steamboat Springs)
- Vail/Eagle County Airport (EGE) (90 miles to Steamboat Springs)
- Denver International Airport (DIA) (150 miles to Steamboat Springs)
Driving Directions from Denver
Steamboat, located in northwest Colorado, 160 miles northwest of Denver, is an easy three-hour drive from Denver.
- Take Interstate 70 West through the Eisenhower Tunnel.
- Take the Silverthorne Exit.
- Turn right onto Route 9 North to Kremmling.
- Turn left onto Route 40.
- Continue for 50 miles.
- Take the Mt. Werner Road Exit
- Turn right on Mount Werner Rd and continue for 1 mile.
- Turn left onto Mount Werner Circle, the Steamboat Sheraton Resort is on the left.
Major car rental agencies are available at each airport. Also, shuttle and private car service is available through Go Alpine Transportation (970) 879-2800 Reservation Required
About Steamboat Springs:
Steamboat Springs rests against the Continental Divide and is almost surrounded by National Forest, and wilderness areas. The Yampa River flows through downtown Steamboat Springs and eventually meets the Green River in Dinosaur National Monument. Home to 2 ski areas, 4 Colorado State Parks, hot springs, lakes, rivers, and trail systems cater to a myriad of fun outdoor activities.
Hungry? Whatever you are in the mood for you’ll find it at the more than 70 Steamboat Springs restaurants.
Steamboat Springs has nearly 250 shops and boutiques including art galleries, western outfitters, outdoor retailers and gift shops for every taste.
Two primary pedestrian friendly shopping areas include Steamboat’s Mountain Village located at the base of the Steamboat Ski Area, and downtown Steamboat Springs. The two areas are three miles apart and serviced by Steamboat Springs free city bus.
Casual clothes are the norm for most RMCMI activities. Bring your jeans and boots for the BBQ! We hope you relax and have a great time in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.